‘Tis the holiday season! I dunno about you guys but my family members were already bugging me for Christmas lists for my kiddos since before Halloween. My response was (and always will be), “uhhhhhhhh, I dunno.” Not the response they seek. SO, to save you all the trouble, I have compiled a list of toys that my kids use and love from past Christmases.
A lot of the toys on our guide can be found on Amazon and Target. I will provide the links to them below (DISCLAIMER: I do not receive commission if you choose to buy from my gift guide. I’m not that cool yet. Maybe one day lol).
Black Friday is coming and you will find a lot of the items are discounted. Target is actually doing a promotion now through November 27th. Buy 1 get one 50% off select toy brands. They carry Melissa and Doug and B. Toys (which we love) and are included in the promotion. If you haven’t started your holiday shopping yet, now is the perfect time! Even better, you can get comfy cozy and do it right from your couch. So snuggle up and shop with me!
- KIDWILL Wooden Hammering Toy
- DUCKBOXX XX Wooden Rainbow Stacking Toy
- Melissa & Doug Fold and Go Wooden Barn: Amazon / Target – My oldest received this gift when he was 1. It does warn that there are choking hazards for children under 3. I guess this may hold true if the fencing/ladder come apart, but it hasn’t shown any wear or tear and it has been well loved. Purchase under your own discretion. Can definitely be purchased for older children as well.
- Yay Mats Stylish Extra Large Baby Play Mat – I purchased this mat for my first baby. It was great for tummy time and play time when he was learning to sit up independently/taking first steps. He is 3 now and will still play on it. My second child also uses it and it has held up really well! I’ve gotten lots of compliments on the style too. Highly recommend!
- Mushie Stacking Cups
- Wooden Personalized Name Puzzle
- Garlictoys Wooden Baby Activity Cube
- Cossy Wooden Baby Learning Walker – this item is currently out of stock on Amazon so I linked a similar one HERE
- Tegu Magnetic Wooden Block Set
- B. Toys – B. Smooth Rider Wooden Trike: Amazon / Target – My oldest got this for Christmas at 18 months old. He still uses it every. single. day.
- Melissa and Doug Cutting Fruit Set: Amazon / linked similar at Target
- Hapinest Turtle Steps – great for developing gross motor skills. A game the whole family can enjoy!
- B. Toys Wooden Play Kitchen – Both of my children love this kitchen set! Sturdy and easy to put together. We have had it for 2 years now. The Melissa and Doug Fruit and Food Groups sets that I linked pair well with this purchase.
- Melissa and Doug Food Groups: Amazon / Target
- Lincoln Logs
- Melissa and Doug Let’s Play House Dust! Sweep! Mop! 6pc Set: Amazon / Target
- Obuby Toys Walkie Talkies
- Toddler Table and Chair Set, 7 in 1 Activity Table – This table is everything. I don’t usually like plastic, but I wasn’t able to find an affordable wooden option that was this versatile. We use it as a table for snack, legos, water play, sand, play dough, crafting and more! Yes, its plastic and not as sturdy as wood, but for the price point it’s perfect and works well for us.
- Melissa and Doug Land of Dinosaurs Floor Puzzle – My 3 year old LOVES this puzzle. He is now able to complete it independently and is super proud of himself.
- Kinderfeets Balance Board – this is great for improving coordination and body awareness in littles. My kids pretend its a surf board, use it as a boat, rocker, slide and more. Supports up to 300 lbs (I may or may not play on it sometimes. And like it.)
So there you have it! Our tried and true favorites that are staples in our play room. I hope this makes shopping this holiday season a little bit easier for you!
Leave a Reply